BEAN FILLING FAQS
WHAT SORT OF BEANS DO I NEED, TO FILL THE SNUGGLE POD?
Just normal ones! By that we mean the ones from your local Walmart or Home Depot, or any good department store for about $16 for a 100lt (3.5cb) bag.
Or you can add beans to your Snuggle Pod order, and we can arrange this to be delivered to you via a 3rd party, separate to your Snuggle Pod delivery. If ordering this way, the beans must be ordered in the same order as the Snuggle Pod and not in a separate order.
WHY THE 'BEAN FACTOR' OF THE SNUGGLE POD IS LOVED BY PARENTS & BABIES
- beans 'shuffle' easily, making it very easy to manipulate the beanbag to the shape you desire (ie: a deeper nested position etc). This is why carers all over the world report the Snuggle Pod as the ultimate tool to relieve their childs reflux.
- beans mold to the body, so you are able to achieve a desired position easily. It's easy to see why carers rave about the Snuggle Pod for preventing flat head, as our Pods mold to a child form, thus not forcing the head to go flat.
- bean filling keeps the Snuggle Pod lightweight and super easy to move around the house, keeping Bub with you at all times whilst they remain independent and free to take in their surroundings and kick their little legs around freely.
- you can add and remove beans as Bub grows. You might want more when Bub is born, and remove some as your little one becomes a big one!
- the inner bag (invented by us, by the way...), houses the beans, making it super easy to remove the bean filling, so that you can wash the Snuggle Pod cover, or store it away for future use. Genius, right?!
HOW DO I FILL THE SNUGGLE POD WITH THE BEANS?
Every Snuggle Pod baby beanbag comes with its own internal Chibebe filling sleeve (aka: inner bag). It's an exclusive design we invented, to be used with the Snuggle Pod. Filling it is as easy as 1,2,3!
Handy Hint: We recommend filling the beanbag sleeve in a dry bathtub...this way you can quickly scoop up or vacuum those rebel beans that get away.
- Using a paper clip, unzip the beanbag sleeve and open it up nice and wide;
- Pour the beans in to the desired amount (see below guide);
- Sit the inner bag on the floor, with the flat side down. If you shuffle the mid section down, you will see that it forms the shape of a seat. When you place the inner bag into the bottom of the Snuggle Pod base, make sure 'highest end' or 'top end' of the inner bag meets the 'highest end' of the cover inside. The rest should settle nicely inside the cover.
Don't forget to remove the paperclip from any zippers afterwards!
HOW MANY BEANS DO I NEED?
About 10,265 beans, to be exact! But to save time counting, we recommend filling with approx. 65lt of beans (this is about 2/3 of a 100lt bag). The Chibebe Snuggle Pod has been designed to give your baby the most restful, safe & comfortable experience possible. Filling the Pod is always at the discretion of the carer.
The Pod is designed for Bub to be able to take in their surroundings and be a part of your daily activities with you. Overfilling the Snuggle Pod will make the surface too flat, and Bub will be staring at the ceiling, not at you or their surroundings.
As Baby grows, and is able to sit upright, unaided, you will start to use the toddler seat, and we recommend removing some beans as they grow to make it more comfy and inclined for them.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE OVER-FILLED OR UNDER-FILLED THE BEANBAG?
An inclined seated position is the best position for Bub to get the best use of their Snuggle Pod. It enables them to be involved with the world around them, and is the best position to potentially help relieve any reflux symptoms they may experience. It also means that the Pod is stable on flat surfaces.
Imagine yourself, sitting in an adult beanbag. If it is too full, like a pouffe, you can't fully settle in it, and you would roll off, right? But if it were not so full, you are all nestled in it, the base is flat on the floor so you can't roll out of it, or get off it unless someone helps you out. It's the same idea with the Snuggle Pod.
You will be able to tell if the bag is too full if you cannot shuffle it to an inclined, upright seated position.
It is too empty if you shuffle it to a seated position and can feel the floor through the seat top.
In addition to interacting with the world around them, you want Bub sitting upright in their Pod as it is intended to help relieve reflux (GERD) and prevent flat head for your precious little one.
Please note that it is up to the carer to determine when it is full enough. For more information, refer to the instruction booklet.
Babies love the Podding Experience with Chibebe®, and we know you will too!